Re: Konsole & AA fonts

> > I noticed that AA fonts have been disabled in the latest uploads of
> > KDE2.1, for reason that Konsole has problems with them.
>
> I did that because upstream stated that it did not handle AA properly.  But
> since either way it's not handled properly I'll take that patch out and
> re-enable it.

Fwiw, I have a fair selection of fixed-width fonts, both type1 and truetype,
all of which antialiased KDE can see, but konsole refuses to use any of them.
 When you recently disabled AA in konsole was the first time this week that
konsole has been usable for me (without having to first run an xterm and set
QT_XFT=0).

Ben.

--

Ben Burton (benb@acm.org)
http://baasil.humbug.org.au/bab/

Director of Training
Australian Informatics Olympiad Committee

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without
civilisation in between.
	- Oscar Wilde