Problems found in KDE2.1-final-1

Hello,

Since Ivan E. Moore II requested us all to files bugreports, I will post some problems that I've come across in the latest KDE packages!

1)  With Xft enabled, I don't get proper fixed-width fonts in terminal and Fonts-controlpanel. I get a choice of 'fixed', which displays like something Arial. It messes up konsole horribly. I do get proper fixed-with courier fonts in places where there's a drop-down list of fonts, like the font-selection for Konqueror-webbrowser.
I worked around the problem for myself by downloading a monotype.com ttf from Keithp's website and modifying my XftConfig file using his as a sample. I still see only the font 'fixed' in the list of available fixed-with fonts, but at least they now map to something sensible which actually _is_ fixed-width.

2) The file /usr/lib/kde2/libkcm_kdm.so cannot be found, so the Login Manager controlcenter-plugin can't be run.

3) My ISP uses a webmail CGI thing and for some reason, when I log on, Konqueror tries to download the mailbox-page as a file instead of rendering it as HTML. I can view the page from the filemanager, it's recognized as HTML there.
I guess this means some http-headers are not written out properly by this CGI of theirs, but it used to work perfectly in KDE2.x until quite recently! (And it works in any other browser too.)

4) When switching Xft on and off, the font-settings of Konqueror Browser are messed up terribly. They tend to become something really horrible. I don't know why KDE2 likes to forget the previous settings and whipe them out with the first font it finds and kinda-sorta-thinks-that-it-likes.

I believe that's all the problems I've come across so far. I guess they're mostly real KDE bugs, not packaging problems, so I don't know if they'll be fixed in the next round of package updates.
The one that makes my webmail account not work is bothering me the most; if I want to check my webmail now in KDE2 I'll have to start netscape and I haven't started netscape yet since installing the first KDE2.1 packages!

With regards,

--Tim :-)