some true type fonts tips for kde2.1, qt2.3, xf4.02

Christophe Prud'homme writes:

thank you for the tips.

 > Hie guys
 >
 > AA support is in XF4.02 and qt2.3 good
 > so kde2.1 works fine with these
 >
 > now you most likely have little number of fonts on your computer

# pwd
/usr/share/fonts/truetype
# ls -al *.ttf | wc -l
57

hrmmm....

 > so here are some tips

thank you for the instructions, and _especially_ the link to
fontfreak, but this just basically looks like it is instructions on
how to set up a True Type Font Server, no?

I already have a TTFS running, and I have it set up in the
XF86Config-4 file to point to unix:7100 for fonts.

However, I read somewhere that an TTFS was not required with XF86-4,
you just had to have module <foo> installed, and X would do the font
thing on their own.  Is this true?

thanks for the tips,
rob