Potentially buggy 2.1 powerpc packages

Ivan, et. al.

I don't know how much of an issue this is, but I have run into some nit-picky
run-time errors with some of the powerpc packages.

One notable error is a kcrash on attempting to configure kmail.

I have been struggling all night with an all of the sudden crashing for other
reasons machine. I though I was having another disk go bad, but after much
confusion and hair pulling, it appears that I had a DIMM go bad.

Since I don't really know how that may have manifested itself over the last
several days, it is possible that some of the binary-powerpc packages are
corrupted.

Any one who is using the binary-powerpc packages, please send bug reports my
way first. It may be that the build process had a memory error...

The rest of the bad news is that this will probably delay the potato ISO
image creation process.

Rick
--
rcook@ntlug.org