Re: New KDE packages ...

Didn't do much for me either.
Course, I'm running SID. :--)

I'm dueling with a "not here" problem.

[from dselect conflict res screen]

xxx depends on libqt2
libqt2 does not appear to be available

>ROOT< |griz| ~ pts/1$ > apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
  libmysqlclient6
The following packages have been kept back
  abbrowser amor ark kab kabalone karm kasteroids katomic kcalc kcharselect
  kchart kcron kdebase kdebase-crypto kdebase-libs kdelibs3 kdelibs3-crypto
  kdepasswd kdepim-libs kedit kernel-image-2.2.17 keystone kfind kfloppy
  kformula kghostview khexedit killustrator kivio kjots kjumpingcube
  klaptopdaemon kljettool klpq kmahjongg kmail kmid kmidi kmix knode knotes
  koffice-libs konqueror konquest konsole korn koshell kpackage kpat
  kpixmap2bitmap kpm kpoker kppp kpresenter krayon ksame kscd kshisen ksirtet
  ksmiletris ksnapshot kspread ksysctrl ksysv ktalkd ktimemon kuser kview
  kword libarts libkdegames libkmid libkonq3 secpolicy
1 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 74  not upgraded.
Need to get 744kB of archives. After unpacking 647kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

On Tuesday 27 February 2001 10:51, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote something to
this effect:
> Right. It happened here too. after I ran my 'apt' lines, I then ran
> dselect which picked up the rest of the held back packages. all was
> spiffy then. :)
>
> tatah
>
> On Tuesday 27 February 2001 07:55, Bud Rogers wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 February 2001 06:56, rlep@netcourrier.com wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to update my kde (to 2.1) for my potato, but it seems that
> > > most packages cannot be installed.
> > >
> > > apt-get update
> > > apt-get upgrade
> > > give me:
> > >
> > > The following packages have been kept back
> > >   abbrowser ark kab karm kcalc kcharselect kcron kdebase kdebase-libs
> > > kdelibs3 kdepasswd kdm kedit keystone kfind kfloppy kghostview
> > > khexedit kit kjots knotes konqueror konsole korganizer kpackage kpm
> > > ksysctrl ksysv ktalkd ktimemon kuser kview libkonq3 libminimagick5
> > > libqt2.2 secpolicy 8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to
> > > remove and 36 not upgraded. Need to get 3840kB of archives. After
> > > unpacking 65.5kB will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> >
> > I got the same thing, so I tried apt-get dist-upgrade.  That downloaded
> > about 30 megs of stuff, starting with abbrowser and going right down
> > the alphabetical list of kde packages.

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-