Re: noatun crashes?

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

> It's hard to say Trevor. It ran on kde 2.01, died on 2.1beta, came
> back to life on 2.1b2 and on 2.1!  I just kinda shrugged and decided
> it didn't matter too much. I'm still dealing with the arts mega delay
> syndrome. I use xmms and it's happy with the xmmsarts pluggin,
> but I see movement on the display and finally sound follows between
> 2 to 3 seconds... If I use the esound or OSS pluggin, it is real time..
> I think more developement will resolve this too. :)

Have you tried fiddling with the arts setup? There's a setting for "Audio
buffer size" which causes a delay, which is adjustable.

I myself have a Real soundcard, though (SB Live) which can handle multiple
channels, so different apps can grab hold of /dev/dsp at the same time.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips@murdoch.edu.au :