apt-get dist-upgrade wants to remove most of kde

I'm just curious on this, as I'm sure it'll be resolved without any effort
on my part (besides excercising a little patience ;)...

I just did an apt-get update; apt-get -d dist-upgrade and canceled it
after It displayed the following:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  abbrowser ark kab karm kcalc kcharselect kchart kcron kdebase
  kdebase-crypto kdebase-libs kdegraphics kdelibs3
  kdelibs3-crypto kdepasswd kdm kedit keystone kfind kfloppy kghostview
  khexedit killustrator kit kivio kjots kmail knode
  knotes koffice-libs konqueror konsole korganizer korn koshell kpackage
  kpm kpresenter ksirc kspread ksysctrl ksysv ktalkd
  ktimemon kuser kview kword libkonq3 secpolicy

These packages were not part of the list of packages that would be
upgraded, so I'm kind of befuddled.  Is this a normal consequence of
running apt-get at the same time that the archive is being updated?  Or is
this really a problem?