Re: Where's my KDE Desktop

It's the same problem here and I always use dselect which dist-upgrades automatically. My installed kdebase* packages are:

ii  kdebase        2.0.1-0.potato KDE core applications
ii  kdebase-crypto 2.0.1-1        KDE core applications (Crypto modules)
ii  kdebase-dev    2.0.1-0.potato KDE core applications (development files)
ii  kdebase-doc    2.0.1-0.potato Documentation for Applications in kdebase
ii  kdebase-libs   2.0.1-0.potato KDE libraries amd modules for kdebase

haven't looked after lilo though.

I have this problem after i upgraded last friday. Might it be the slightly higher Version of kdebase-crypto???

Unpatiently waiting for 2.1 now... 8-/

yours,
	Sönke

David Kempe wrote:

I just had this problem and fixed it.
Your version of kdebase is probably old.
You need to upgrade it. and apt-get distupgrade did it for me.
However the same command broke my lilo.
So make sure you rerun lilo and check your lilo.conf so you can get back
into you system.

dave