Re: Konqueror & Netscape Bookmarks

Robert Tilley wrote:

> I have been working this weekend attempting to create a method to allow
> Konqueror to use my Netscape bookmark file.
>
> Konqueror uses a method of bookmark organization similar to Internet Explorer
> which represents bookmarks by files inside of folders.  Netscape has a single
> monolithic bookmark file of HTML code.

Eh, you may be wasting your time.  Konqueror in KDE 2.1 uses a single
xml file to store the user's bookmarks and has a very nice application
that edits the file.  This bookmark editor is able to import bookmarks
from ~/.netscape/bookmarks.html; perhaps you would be better off finding
a way to automate that process (using dcop?) if you wish to keep your
netscape bookmarks as the authoritative bookmark source.