Re: Desktop Disappears

On Saturday 24 February 2001 08:06, Dave Eidson wrote:
> For what it's worth, I came across a Potato machine that was running KDE
> 2.0 that recently upgraded the QT library to the most current one... the
> one currently available from TDYC.  After upgrading the QT library, the
> same symptoms appeared... no wallpaper, no icons. It appears the problem is
> in kdesktop, which errors out when it tries to run.  I can't recall the
> exact error, and am not near that system at present to verify.

I have found the error. If you run kdesktop as  normal user I get this error:

dave@davehome:~$ kdesktop
kdesktop: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/kdesktop.so:
undefined
symbol: noxim
dave@davehome:~$

so if you know what that means please let us know or should we post a bug to
the kde bugs people?

dave