Re: Desktop Disappears

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 03:06:18PM -0600, Dave Eidson wrote:
> For what it's worth, I came across a Potato machine that was running KDE 2.0
> that recently upgraded the QT library to the most current one... the one
> currently available from TDYC.  After upgrading the QT library, the same
> symptoms appeared... no wallpaper, no icons. It appears the problem is in
> kdesktop, which errors out when it tries to run.  I can't recall the exact
> error, and am not near that system at present to verify.

As I've stated before on this list I hosed the new qt for potato...

well...I didn't hose it..I hosed the 2.0 kde packages because I updated QT.
The 2.0 packages had patches applied that required a patched qt...I spaced
that fact and updated things.  I now have to finish my 2.1 builds and back
port and rebuild kdebase *or* build another qt package with the patches applied
and set that aside for 2.0 users only.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II