Re: Desktop disappears, everything else works

On Friday 23 February 2001 09:05, Thibaut Cousin wrote:
> Did you choose "kde2" in the kdm menu ? If "default" is selected,
> what you describe is normal, I think (something about launching a
> session manager vs launching a window manager).

I just tried that, no dice.  Good thought though, but I don't think
my kde taskbar would start in that case.  This is more like the
desktop is not working, but the rest of the kde environment is.

Very strange here.

I've also done "apt-get remove kdelibs", redirected all the package
names that got removed to a file, and then "apt-get install `cat
removed.packages`.  No difference.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.