Re: Konqueror unstable for nfs-mounted /home ?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:20:52AM -0600, Robert Guthrie wrote:

> I've already got 2.2.18 running.  However, I'm still using the
> user-space nfs daemon, as I couldn't get the kernel-nfs server
> configured.  I can't recall the problem I had with it, but if the
> user space server is flakey, then I guess I'd better revisit the
> issue.

Tisk, tisk.  The userspace daemon SUCKS in my own humble opinion, and causes all sorts of problems like not locking files or unlocking them properly.  If at all possible, try reconfiguring nfs-server-kernel.  It'll be well worth it in the long run.

--
-=|JP|=-    "This space intentionally left blank."
Jon Pennington          | Debian 2.4                 -o)