Konqueror unstable for nfs-mounted /home ?

I can't figure it out.  At work, with /home on a local drive,
konqueror is pretty stable for my potato box.

At home, with the same version of debian and kde, it'll crash if I
visit some sites (which I go to at work), and if I try to open more
then 4 separate instances of Konq on the same virtual desktop to
visit linuxdoc.org, one or two will immediately crash.

The only big variable here is that at home I have a separate box
where my home directory is an nfs share.  Is there some kind of
locking problem with konqueror, related to how nfs works?  Maybe
because of non-optimal nfs setup?

I'm not sure where to start.  Should I send a copy of the crash
handler's output to this list the next time I experience this?
--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.