Re: window "errors"

--------

I don't know which /dev file you have, but it definately
won't correspond to i810, which is your graphics chip set.
KDE2 requires a graphics library package to be installed
which corresponds to your graphics accelerator card, such as
mesag3 (look under the requirements for kdebase). You need
to find the one you need and make sure that it's configured
properly... including the permissions for any /dev files it
uses. Hope this helps.

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.10.213.227

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but
follows religiously the new."
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)