Re: Bash Prompts???

   Hello Robert,

I will make no warranty of this, but     ...  I use the Konsole virtual
terminal and really enjoy it's power. I love that I can open one term,
and have 100 more in the same window - how cool can it get! What I did to
get the things to read my settings was: konsole %i %m -caption "%c" --ls
Notice the '--ls' on the end. How I did it, was to right click on my konsole
icon on the taskbar and then clicked on the Execute tab. See if that makes
it mo-better for you. BTW, Konsole also supports the 'transparent konsole'
option, so it will display your desktop thru the vt :) It's really the
little things <grin>

My user prompt:
{bogus} U=jaye
Dir=~ pts/2$

My root prompt:
YOU ARE ROOT!! on bogus
~ pts/1>

tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-268-4074