Bash Prompts???

I've visited some bash prompt sites that give examples of these neato and
wiz-bang prompts that my terminal is supposed to be capable of displaying.

Problem:  In none of the shells I've tried (konsole, xterm, etc.) these
artful additions to be .bashrc files have produced nothing.  The only result
is continued display of a boring and pathetic (to me) command-line.

While I'm not trying to have my terminal play the Stars & Stripes whenever I
hit ENTER, some minor display of information would be useful.  Things such
as the time, current directory, etc. would be good to have on my screen.

One such site is http://www.interlog.com/~giles/bashprompt/prompts/.  Is
there a KDE console/terminal program which will display these?

Robert Tilley
tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com