Re: dh_make mod

Hi,

A little more info for anyone interested...

I sent Craig Small (dh-make developer) a message about this and he
said, 'I like it, please submit as a wishlist bug', I did... you can
find a more complete treatment of this subject as bug #81120.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

> Finally,
>
>     Here is an updated set.

Ivan, could you link to it from kde.tdyc.com/develop.html?
Maybe something like...
<h3>Debian-KDE Tools</h3>
  <ul compact="compact">
                  as a combination of... well, you get the idea.
  </ul>
</ul>

> I'm going to work on a dh-kde package or something
> that'll contain this stuff.
>
> now...to really make this dh-kde package of some benefit...suggestions from
> all.  Beyond the templates what else do packagers require or look for?  Submit
> examples, ideas, whatever to me and I'll compile it into the package.

I seem to recall[1] some #KDEHELPER# kinda stuff scattered around,
is that aspect of d/k package building documented?

Is KDE big and complex enought to warrant a (semi)formal document
describing how its components should be packaged for Debian?

that's all that comes to mind right now...

-  Bruce

[1] I haven't looked at a d/k pkg since dec., but I am mostly up to
date with Python, PyQt, and have a proof-of-concept for a way to
simplify talking about/hacking code via email.