Re: image rendering

> -------8<-----
> fatal parsing error: unexpected end of file in line 1
> fatal parsing error: error while parsing prolog in line 1
> Parsing error
> kparts: WARNING: Part 'child view' has a widget view widget with a focus
> policy of NoFocus. It should have at least a ClickFocus policy, for part
> activation to work well.
> --------->8---

this looks like you don't have anything set for your Focus Policy

   Preferences -> Look & Feel -> Window Behavior

at least that's what

> kparts: WARNING: Part 'child view' has a widget view widget with a focus
> policy of NoFocus. It should have at least a ClickFocus policy, for part
> activation to work well.

tells me. Not sure about the rest of it...maybe your local configuration got hosed...you might try it under a different user and see if you have the same problems.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II