Re: Dead keys work again!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:26:43AM +0000, Logi Ragnarsson wrote:

> Lots of little things started working again in beta 2, but one thing is
> broken. Pressing ctrl-alt-arrow (I may have changed the keyboard settings to
> match icewm, can't remember) to switch between virtual desktops now jumps 2
> desktops to the left or right. This is silly when I've got panel set to tiny.
> Probably whoever made this change has his set to large and has a 2x4 grid of
> desktops in which case this makes sense.

This is not a bug, it's a change of meaning ;)

You probably mappeed "go left one desktop" to ctrl-alt-left, and "go
right one desktop" to ctrl-alt-right, because those were the only
keymappable functions at the time you did the configuration, and because
they worked the way you wanted.

Now, kde2.1 has introduced new mappable functions: "go up one desktop",
"go down one desktop" (which now work in the "big panel mode", together
with the function that already were there). The functions that you want
are now called "go to previous desktop" and "go to next desktop".

So just go into the key configurator, and map ctrl-alt-left/right to
the previous/next desktop functions.

(note that maybe the exact function names are different, I'm using a
german kde and translated the german strings back to english).

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>