Re: new packages

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 09:23, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> Ok,
>
>     kdelibs/kdebase/kdemultimedia
>
> fresh, updated.  Current with sid.  Let me know. Should fix alot of
> problems. I have no plans on uploading again until final (ie approx 2
> weeks), unless there are show stoppers.
>
> I'm trying to work on a libqt2.2-xft package for unstable.  Speaking of
> which if there is anyone who is a guru on XFT and X 4 (or at least knows
> configuration bits of it) please let me know.  I know jack about it other
> than what I've seen come across the lists (which isn't much).
>
> What I want to know is:
>
>     Can I (eventually) build the main qt package with XFT support and
> through configuration options not have it use the features?  I mean it's
> currently incomplete right now, but some people want to play with it...it
> would be nice if one could toggle something in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or
> /etc/X11/XftConfig that would turn it on or off.  (I'm assuming there is a
> way...I just haven't gone looking for it).

Looks like there is/was a QT_XFT environment variable:

From: Keith Packard <keithp@keithp.com>
To: kde-core-devel@master.kde.org
Cc: kde-core-devel@kde.org
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:25:48 -0800

> It seems every single font on my system (1662 total) is opened, so there's
> something up with the X font loading there. I've reduced that by
> temporarily disabling nearly all of my fonts.

Is this with the Xft-enabled Qt?  If so, you might try

$ export QT_XFT=0
$ konsole

and see if that helps.  If so, I can fix the problem.

keithp@keithp.com  XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.

Hope this helps,
Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com