url link on desktop not working

Hi,

On my kde 2.1 beta2 desktop on my potato system, I have a "link to location
(URL)". When I click on it, nothing happens.
Clicking on the "home" icon works however. When I have an open
konqueror-window from clicking on the "home icon" and then I click on that
same "url link icon" on my desktop it works.
The same for my floppy and cdrom device on my desktop....

Should I post this as a bug on bugs.kde.org or is this a deb-problem?
Or maybe a config error... I just re-installed my system from scratch because
of some fdisk error I made (VERY stupid, I know... I was happy to have
backups...)

In .xsession-error I found the following:

kio (KLauncher): setLaunchEnv KDE_INITIAL_DESKTOP=2
kdeinit: Got SETENV 'KDE_INITIAL_DESKTOP=2' from klauncher.
kio (KLauncher): KLauncher: Got
start_service_by_desktop_path('System/kfmclient_dir.desktop', ...)
KInit: Got EXEC 'kfmclient' from klauncher.
kio (KLauncher): kfmclient (pid 907) up and running.
gerralt@gdevree:~$ tail .xsession-errors -f -n0
kio (KLauncher): setLaunchEnv KDE_INITIAL_DESKTOP=2
kio (KLauncher): KLauncher: Got
start_service_by_desktop_path('System/kfmclient_dir.desktop', ...)
kdeinit: Got SETENV 'KDE_INITIAL_DESKTOP=2' from klauncher.
KInit: Got EXEC 'kfmclient' from klauncher.
kio (KLauncher): kfmclient (pid 911) up and running.
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kfmclient')
ksmserver: KSMServer::newConnection
KSMWatchProc
ksmserver: KSMServer::watchConnection
ksmserver: KSMServer::processData
KSMNewClientProc
ksmserver: KSMClient::KSMClient
ksmserver: KSMClient::resetState
ksmserver: KSMClient::property not found  name=Program
ksmserver: KSMClient::program -> not found. p=(nil)
ksmserver: KSMServer::newClient 0x80a1540
ksmserver: KSMServer::processData
ksmserver: KSMClient::property not found  name=Program
ksmserver: KSMClient::program -> not found. p=(nil)
ksmserver: KSMClient::registerClient  previousId=
DCOP: register 'anonymous-911' -> number of clients is now 10
kfmclient: clientApp::createNewWindow file:/mnt mimetype=inode/directory
connect() failed: : Connection refused
DCOP:  unregister 'anonymous-911'
DCOP: number of clients is now down to 9
ksmserver: KSMServer::processData
ksmserver: KSMClient::property not found  name=Program
ksmserver: KSMClient::program -> not found. p=(nil)
ksmserver: KSMServer::deleteClient client=
ksmserver: KSMClient::~KSMClient
KSMWatchProc
KSMServer::removeConnection conn=0x80a0b68
kdeinit: PID 911 terminated.

Gerralt