Re: package names for .deb files

> I haven't heard of task-kde. If that's the way to go then that's what I'll try
> next. As for dselect, I'm not clear on how to use that for installing packages
> from the web. Do I do something under "Access?"

I really don't know where you got your information to begin with let alone
what versions your running...

you use dselect in the same way you do normally...as long as you use apt-get
as your method of acquisition.  got to http://kde.tdyc.com/  find a apt
line that is close to you...add it to /etc/apt/sources.list..

then go into dselect...click Access..make sure it says apt...then click update
the select...pick your packages...i suggest starting off with "task-kde"...
and work off of that...as it either depends on or sugests 99.997 of the
kde packages.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II