Re: Font error on opening Root Consoles in Konsole

> Any time I open a Root Console within Konsole, an
> error window appears with the message
>
> Font `-misc-console-medium-r-normal--16-160-72-72-c-160-iso10646-1'
> not found. Check README.linux.console for help.
>
> Of course, README.linux.console doesn't exist on my system...

it doesn't help in this case anyways..but in future versions it will be there.

> This error also appears if I switch back into an already
> open console, unless I go into the Options menu and
> select a custom font.
>
> I imagine the problem is the iso10646 stuff, since I think
> I only have iso8859 fonts (whatever this means, I'm just
> looking in the X11 font directories and that's what I see).
>
> Looking in /usr/share/apps/konsole I don't see a config
> file that defines what a "Root Console" is; can anyone
> point me to a file to edit?  In any event, this looks like
> a packaging bug.

I am no font man myself...I usually install all the basic stuff (with
X4 it's the 75dpi/100dpi/base/cyrillic pretty much) and that's about it.

However with this I do not see the above problems...I however see a horrible
font with the "root" konsole...but I haven't had time to figure out if
this is correct behavior or not.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II