Re: kde and debian

Le Mercredi 17 Janvier 2001 17:03, paul taylor a écrit :
> I installed debian 3 weeks ago and cannot get kde downloaded. I get a
> broken package error message. Without kde linus is useless to me.
> is there any place where I can get this?
>
> I am using apt-get install task-kde
>
> all I get is broken package
>
> I have the Cd from cheapbytes for kde. Is this menu driven?? can it be
> installed without a manual??

  You do not tell enough for us to help. What did you put in your
sources.list to get KDE packages ? You should have :

	deb http://kde.tdyc.com/debian potato main optional crypto

  Moreover, do not install task-kde and task-kde-devel. The former is for
another version of KDE (the 2.1, not released yet) and shouldn't be there,
and the latter has a typo in its dependencies, so it cannot be installed.
  You will have to select the kde packages one by one. Or go into dselect,
choose task-kde in order to have most KDE packages selected, and then
unchoose task-kde... Then do the same with task-kde-devel. As you prefer.

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr

			Nightwish        (http://www.nightwish.com)