Re: Brain dead question!

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

> if you use kdm just log in using "kde2" ..dont' use default.

(this is just a tip: I'm sure Ivan already knows this ...)
unless you want to have your ~/.xsession executed: then you _have_ to use
default; important if you want to have some environment variables set up
at startup.

kdm's shutdown button works properly now by the way.

And what's that? kdm's configuration panel suddenly has some
"convenience" settings: Enable automatic login, truly automatic login,
enable password-less logins, show previous user. Hmm. Reminds me of
something else ;-)

I'll still have to check out kdm's chooser: it seems to be quite broken
at this time:
chooser BROADCAST
works for xdm's chooser, but for kdm's chooser it says:
chooser: Unexpected argument 'BROADCAST'.
chooser: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
and the --help does not help: gives generic qt and kde options. Is there a
way to avoid this, or should I just drop in xdm's chooser.

I might just do a bug report for kdm at kde.

> I could have sworn I had explained this several times already.

Yes you have.

Bart