Re: Brain dead question!

On Sun 17 Dec, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> If your using startx you need to manually add kde2 to your alternatives
>
> update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-window-manager x-window-manager /usr/bin/kde2
>
> the package will not do that anymore as it's against policy...we are working
> on getting a x-session-manager setup...

update-alternatives 1.6.15 (potato) needs a 'priority' argument as well -
I chose 50 and it all works lovely again :-)

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-window-manager x-window-manager /usr/bin/kde2 50

Thanks

--
Nick Smith, Webmaster, Climbers.Net UK.          http://www.climbers.net/
Low-cost Internet services for the climbing and outdoor pursuits industry