Re: Unable to create io-slave: unknown protocol file

Am Sunday 17 December 2000 02:07 schrieb Ivan E. Moore II:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 03:27:38PM +0100, may@dhs.org wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The latest kdebase (2.1) packages I tried the one from 13.12.2000 and
> > 14.12.2000 seem to be broken. Klauncher is unable to start any io-slave
> > and complains about not finding any mime-type on startup.
> >
> > In the kde mailinglist archive David Faure suggested to run kbuildsycoca.
> > Running kbuildsycoca from within the kde2 script helped against the
> > mime-type errors, but not against the unability to find slaves.
> >
> > There is already a bug report about this problem on woody, so I think
> > I'm not alone.
>
> that bug report is for a system that is part potato and part woody.
>
> The problem is that I have not seen any problems like this so far...and
> unless you have a part potato and part woody install then all we have so
> far is 2 unique instances that are similar.
>
> Ivan

No, I don't have a partial woody. But the dist-upgrade was some time
ago. Maybe I should do one again, are the perl 5.6 problems solved?

The thing that is really weird, is that it worked as soon I reverted from
kernel-2.4.0-test12 to kernel-2.2.17.
The packages for kde 2.0.1 were working flawlessly with the 2.4.0-testXX
kernel series.

WfG, Chris