Re: Unable to create io-slave: unknown protocol file

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 03:27:38PM +0100, may@dhs.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latest kdebase (2.1) packages I tried the one from 13.12.2000 and
> 14.12.2000 seem to be broken. Klauncher is unable to start any io-slave and
> complains about not finding any mime-type on startup.
>
> In the kde mailinglist archive David Faure suggested to run kbuildsycoca.
> Running kbuildsycoca from within the kde2 script helped against the
> mime-type errors, but not against the unability to find slaves.
>
> There is already a bug report about this problem on woody, so I think
> I'm not alone.

that bug report is for a system that is part potato and part woody.

The problem is that I have not seen any problems like this so far...and unless
you have a part potato and part woody install then all we have so far is 2
unique instances that are similar.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II