Unable to create io-slave: unknown protocol file

Hi,

The latest kdebase (2.1) packages I tried the one from 13.12.2000 and
14.12.2000 seem to be broken. Klauncher is unable to start any io-slave and
complains about not finding any mime-type on startup.

In the kde mailinglist archive David Faure suggested to run kbuildsycoca.
Running kbuildsycoca from within the kde2 script helped against the
mime-type errors, but not against the unability to find slaves.

There is already a bug report about this problem on woody, so I think
I'm not alone.

Thanks, in adv.
--
WfG,