Re: Packages from different versions at the same time

>  I have been updating a couple of machines at my work from kde 1.1.2 to kde
> 2.0.1 in potato this morning. I find that some packages which should conflict
> among them appear twice resulting in different size icons o duplicate icons
> in the desktop and K menu.
>
>  For example the system has
>
> kdetoys 4:1.1.2 and task-kdetoys 4:2.0.1 at the same time

task-kdetoys is empty and doesn't contain anything...

> and this happens for kdeadmin kdeutils kdegraphics kdemultimedia kdelibs2g

these are taken care of by replaces...

for example...   kview replaces kdegraphics...

> Maybe has to do with your intention to eliminate all task-kdexxxx except
> task-kde and task-kde-dev ?

no..there really should be conflicts in there which would cause the old
empty package to be removed...but I haven't done that yet.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II