Re: Packages from different versions at the same time

Le Vendredi 15 Décembre 2000 14:15, Pablo de Vicente a écrit :
>  I have been updating a couple of machines at my work from kde 1.1.2 to kde
> 2.0.1 in potato this morning. I find that some packages which should
> conflict among them appear twice resulting in different size icons o
> duplicate icons in the desktop and K menu.
>
>  For example the system has
>
> kdetoys 4:1.1.2 and task-kdetoys 4:2.0.1 at the same time
>
> and this happens for kdeadmin kdeutils kdegraphics kdemultimedia kdelibs2g
>
> Maybe has to do with your intention to eliminate all task-kdexxxx except
> task-kde and task-kde-dev ?

  I had the same kind of problem. You'd better remove KDE1 completely (just
remove qt1g*, kdelibs2* and kdesupport0g*, apt-get will do the rest for you)
before installing KDE2. I noticed that if you just upgrade KDE some icons and
applnk entries from KDE1 remain.
  At the same time, try to rename the old .kde, .kderc and Desktop files in
each home folder. Even though KDE2 is able to handle files from KDE1, it does
not do a great job of it.

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr