Kdm broke after recent update

All

I use kdm for a screensaver/locker and to allow easy access to both kde
and gnome.  This week I got a update when using deselect that broke kdm
on 2 machines.  The first problem was show-only selected users started
showing all available users instead of selected users.  I used the KDE
control panel to set it up.  To fix this problem I moved all users not
wanted to the 3rd never show list.  The 2nd problem is when logging out
to reboot or shutdown kdm exits but the user is then left at the
console.  The machine never boots or shutsdown.  Does anyone know how to
fix this?

Scott