Re: question about my apt-get..

Ivan> it's because my stupid shlibs for qt were brokt and the versions
Ivan> are messed up.  It will be fixed tomorrow.

Thank you.  I will defer the "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade"
until tomorrow, then.

I suppose it was something like which which caused my kppp to go away,
too?  I had to discover 'pppconfig' and 'pon' and use them.  The
horrors!  :-)

You know, it would be nice if there was something which would show
debian users the current status of an immediate 'apt-get
dist-upgrade'.  I would definitely check that page before doing the
updates, if it existed.

thx for the help,
rob