Re: kppp depending on ppp

Ivan> Ok...The ONLY purpose I have for the tasks for KDE is to create
Ivan> fake packages that make up each of the individual kde* upstream
Ivan> packages.

Ivan> task-kdenetwork = kdenetwork
Ivan> task-kdeadmin = kdeadmin

Ivan> etc...

Ivan> If I keep taking out subpackages because they depend on other
Ivan> packages not found in the main packages then I'm going to end up
Ivan> with a bunch of tasks that only suggest other packages.

<snip>

Ivan> a ftp server being installed)...don't use apt-get install for
Ivan> install tasks.  use dselect, console-apt, or one of the other
Ivan> programs that are coming out.  fine tune you install.

since you are doing the work, you call the shots.

thanks for the answers.

rob