new package problems

after i allowed dselect to upgrade my packages from those that were available
on kde.tdyc.com on november 18, licq 1.0 is having weird "tiling" problems
displaying the background in the contact list.  i recompiled it to no avail.

also, the taskbar has started malfunctioning, not displaying entries for all
running apps on the current desktop, a bug which i submitted (hopefully not
prematurely) to bugs.kde.org.

finally, a very irritating package dependency bug:  apparently a newer version
of apache and apache-doc is being offered from kde.tdyc.com?  if so, why?
whatever the reason, it conflicts with php3 and apache-perl (and most likely
other packages if that's the case), and I ended up having to muck around in
dselect putting things into hold status to 'resolve' this problem.

current apache-common version:  1.3.9-13.1
current php3 version: 3.0.18-0potato1

apache-perl depends on apache-common (<< 1.3.10)
php3 depends on apache-common (<< 1.3.9.1)

so of course these do not work with apache-common 1.3.12-2.0.potato.1

Gordon Morehouse
nphyre@evernex.com
www.evernex.com