Fw: DebianArt: a DebianJr logo contest

Thanks to André, we now have started a DebianArt Debian Jr. logo contest[1]:

http://www.debianart.org/cchost/?ccm=/debianjrlogocontest

So if any of you with artistic talent would like to participate, go for it!
Or if you don't have the talent or the time but know someone who does,
please pass on the word.

Thanks,
Ben
[1] We tried this many years ago, but in the end never did produce a
  suitable candidate.  Here's hoping this time we succeed.
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org

I fixed the errors and published the contest here:
http://www.debianart.org/cchost/?ccm=/debianjrlogocontest

Can you divulge it?

Thanks!

2007/5/14, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>:
André,

> Hi Ben, how are you?

Fine, thanks.

> I made an announce and would like that you saw before I sending it.
> Please look:
> http://www.debianart.org/debianjr.htm

1. Please make the following corrections to this paragraph.  Keep
personal pronouns consistent.  Since you're talking about the whole
Debian Jr. project, third person plural is appropriate:

Their goal is to make Debian an OS that children of all ages will want to
use. Their initial focus will be on producing something for children up
to age 8. Once they have accomplished this, their next target age range is
7 to 12. By the time children reach their teens, they should be
comfortable with using Debian without any special modifications.

2. Don't lead on the designers as to what elements they might include
in their logo.  If you say "toys" it immediately puts this in the
forefront of their imaginations, potentially shutting out other creative
ideas that have nothing to do with toys.

* The logo should convey attributes of the Debian Jr. project
such as childrens, toys, etc.

   So instead, let's just say this, and let the designers figure out
   the rest.

* The logo should convey attributes of the Debian Jr. project.

3. Add this point under "Guidance".

* Please keep in mind the broad age ranges reached by this project, so
images that will only appeal to a very narrow range of ages are not as
desirable as those with broader appeal.

4. Finally, instead of linking to the "official" web page, which is
somewhat out of date, please link to the Wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr

This links to the official web site anyway, and also links to some
more recent things describing what our values and goals are, which may
be more helpful in guiding the designers than the out of date official
site, as some of our goals have changed since then.

Ben
--
,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca    synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
\`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org
  `          [ gpg 395C F3A4 35D3 D247 1387 2D9E 5A94 F3CA 0B27 13C8 ]

Andre Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira (si0ux) < andrelrf@gmail.com>
Orlandia - SP - Brazil

"Unix is user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."