Re: Job: summarise in wiki ideas for ages 1-3

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:12:40 -0800
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 08:46:43AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > Would some kind soul please summarise on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr our ideas so far about setting up Debian Jr. for use with very young children?
>
> I put a bit the wiki on doing this, but its only a skeleton, and I'm
> not familiar with debian wiki, so... someone take a look and make sure
> I didn't mess it up.

Thanks.  It's a good start, but needs to be filled out a bit where indicated:

# configure your Desktop environment with a special session for that small user (! update this with info on HOW!).
# gcompris has a number of command line options and configurations to
make it use the full screen quite well for this scenario (! provide
examples!).

Since I no longer have very young kids, I'd appreciate it if users who do and are trying one of these approaches would expand on this.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org