Developer in the hypervisors field + Debian packaging
Ulteo develops infrastructure solutions to virtualize the user's desktop
in a corporate environment. We're a startup company located in France,
with 9 employees at the moment. Our main product is called "Open Virtual
Desktop" and is Open Source (see http://www.ulteo.com).
We're looking for a new software developer with large-range skills from
Debian packaging to pure development around existing hypervisors.
This mission will start with a 8-month contract that will switch to a
permanent contract if everything goes fine.
- to add "VDI" capabilities to our current Open Virtual Desktop
solution. Basically it means adding interactions between the Open
Virtual Desktop's Administration Console/Broker and hypervisors such as
Xen, ESX... Such interactions include
provisioning/starting/stopping/monitoring virtual machine instances.
We're mostly using libvirt for that purpose.
- to build, release and maintain Ulteo Debian packages cleanly, release
OVD/Linux system images and corresponding installation ISO images using
- good level, experienced programer: C/C++/PHP/Python. Java would be a
plus. Good knowledge of common Internet protocols.
- very good knowledge of Debian packaging
- good knowledge of both Linux systems (in particular Debian/Ubuntu) and
Windows systems internals
- very good knowledge of hypervisors: Xen, ESX, KVM...
- well organized, autonomous, good human and team interactions
- good English + French or eager to learn French
- a good communication and the capability to meet and demo products to
corporate customers would be a big plus
Location & Salary
This job is to take place in Caen, France. Salary is to be negociated,
depending on qualification, experience and skills.
Please feel free to forward this job offer to people who could be
interested in it.
=> Please send resume and motivation by email to <gduval @ ulteo dot com>
< Founder Ulteo - http://www.ulteo.com >
< Founder Mandrake Linux - (Now "Mandriva") >
< Blog: http://www.indidea.org/gael/blog/ >
< Sign and encrypt emails with GPG! My key id: 0x8B0301E2 >