New work on java-package

To build upon several threads regarding java-package, I've played with it on my side with the hope it could find his way back in debian (I too need clean installs of Oracle java on debian, should it only be because it's Oracle one and companies/people don't want to hear about subtle differences, they want the one they used to use, the one everybody use, the one they download and use on their windows, ...)

I put my fork on github for the moment : https://github.com/cedricpineau/java-package
It consists of :
- last codebase of java-package (0.42)
- complete removal of previously supported jvm (blackdown, ibm, sun, etc), to refocus the tool on tested and used contents
- addition of 32bits and 64bits Oracle 7 (jdk, jre, javadoc), with iceweasel and chromium as supported navigators so far.

Do you, debian developpers and java-package authors, think this "trimmed and renewed" version could be a new start for java-package ?
Is it desirable for debian to offer a tool that ease the use of non free software like Oracle JVM ? (http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2011/09/msg00012.html)
Is it acceptable to keep the name but remove previous content, the way I did it ?
Eventually, would someone be interested to sponsor me on this package as I volunteer to keep working on it (java6, ..) ?

Best wishes to all, thanks for your advices.

--
Cédric