Re: ArgoUML Error - 'Exception in thread "main"' when starting ArgoUML

"E.L. Willighagen" <egonw@sci.kun.nl> writes:

> On Monday 16 February 2004 15:02, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>> Alan Graham <alan.graham@team.telstra.com> writes:
>> > upgrated my deb testing box today and now ArgoUML gives the following
>> > error when I try to run it.
>>
>> Yes, I know, I'm sorry for that. I'll try to upload a new package
>> asap...
>>
>> See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=228177
>
> Out of interest... what went wrong here? Why was the library bad,
> i.e. what is  wrong about it?
>
> I get these problems too now and then, and thought it had to do with compiling
> a library with the wrong compiler... is that true?

argouml depends on libi18n-java and the upstream of this library change
the api from 0.1 to 0.2 (and maybe to 0.3)!

argouml-0.14 needs libi18n-java-0.1 (or 0.2.0.1 because of an unchecked
download!) to build and run. But I'm working on argouml-0.15.x in
experimental Debian branch (this one needs libi18n-0.3). Last time, I
did forget to reinstall the old libi18n-java library to build argouml,
so when I did uploaded it there was a problem.

I did not change anything but reinstall the old libi18n-java and
rebuild.

  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud
 `. `'