Tomcat4 and Kaffe

Greetings list,

I am trying to install Tomcat4 on a Debian/Sid system using the kaffe
runtime environment and jikes as the compiler.

The dependancies of Tomcat4 say that it will run with Kaffe, which I was
quite pleased to note, but some of the dependancies of libtomcat4-java,
libcommons-beanutils-java for example depend on Java2-Runtime.

Has anyone managed to get Tomcat4 and Kaffe to play nicely, and if so, what
work arounds did you use for the dependancies?

Any thoughts / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,