Re: [ANN] New version of j2se-package (formerly mpkg-j2sdk)

Hallo Hubert,

* Hubert Schmid wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Jan Schulz wrote:
>> * Hubert Schmid wrote:
>> nitpick: I find the mpkg-* idea better :) What about mpkg-java or
>> mpkg-j2se? At least it make sit clear that a package is created.
>I will think about this. But at least, the package and the script should
>have the same name.

True. On the other hand, this would be a nice place to collect all
'contrib' java scripts. But thats probably something for later...

>> happen with it :) You can get the proposed policy from
>> deb http://www.katzien.de/debian/java ./
>I will read the proposed policy this weekend.

I could send you a aptch, which woul 'enable' the proposed policy with
your scripts. Basicly, it boils down to including a file in
/usr/share/java-config, which describes the included java and ant
environment.

>I will package the blackdown versions next. But I could need some help
>with the IBM packages, because I don't like to download these files.

Ok, I take the 1.4 IBM and sent the patch to you. I hope I have time
this weekend to do that, otherwise it could take some more days...

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."