Re: deb for netbeans

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 19:01, Nicos Panayides wrote:
> Any suggestions on a Java IDE? I want something more powerful than an editor
> (auto-completion, ant and cvs integration, jsp and j2ee facilities would
> be nice also). Free or not-free (license) is not an issue since I'll be
> using it mainly for school projects.

I've just ditched Forte for JEdit (which I've used as a general editor
for ages). Forte was just too obstructive and frustrating. JEdit itself
is just a very simple editor with a plugin framework, but there's a good
range of plugins, particularly for Java (it's a Java app itself, but
much slicker than NetBeans/Forte).

It's GPL'd and packaged for Debian, so download and have play ;c)

http://jedit.sourceforge.net

--
Geoff Beaumont
Geoff@stormhammer.com