RE: deb for netbeans

Hello,

> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 02:09:40AM +0200, Roman Kennke wrote:
>
> > I wondered if there is a deb available for Netbeans? Its a great open
> > source IDE, I think. Or is there something wrong with the license?
>
> Assuming that it requires a Java2 virtual machine, it isn't useful with
> software available in Debian, nor even with software in the non-free
> archive, so the advantages of packaging it are substantially reduced.

Sorry if that's obvious, but what's wrong with Sun jvm (JRE SE 1.4)?
I thought that it is suitable for non-free... (sections 2,3 of JRE SE
license)
There is a problem with 2.i and 2.ii, but looks like packaging it along with
some small useful Java proggie would resolve it...

Yours Sincerely, Lev B. Olkhovich