Re: samba 2.0.7 e pdc con nt

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 08:06:38PM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> Quando però un  utente cercad entrare mi dice che
> non trova il profilo.
> Che cavolo è 'sto profilo?

{warning: in questo momento ho sottomano i doc solo di samba 2.2}
ne parlano (neanche tanto) i files samba-pdc-faq.html
e samba-pdc-howto.html
Per esempio:

   logon path
         Lets you specify where you would like users profiles kept. The
         default, that is in the users home directory, does encourage a
         bit of fiddling.

Chapter 4. Profiles, Policies and Logon Scripts

Profiles

   NT Profiles should work if you have followed the setup so far. A
   user's profile contains a whole lot of their personal settings, the
   contents of their desktop, personal 'My Documents' and so on. When
   they log off, all of the profile is copied to their directory on the
   server and is downloaded again when they logon on again, possibly on
   another client machine.

   Sounds great but can be a bit of a bug bear sometimes. Users let their
   profiles get too big and then complain about how long it takes to log
   on each time. This sample setup only supports NT profiles, rumor has
   it that it is also possible to do the same on Win95, my users don't
   know and I'm not telling them.

Se fossero files specifici per samba 2.2 puoi sempre cercare qui:

 * Although 2.0.7 has almost had its day as a PDC, I (drb) will keep
   the 2.0.7 PDC pages at [75]http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au/samba
   going for a while yet.

Poi ci dovrebbero essere anche

 This document does not replace the text files DOMAIN_CONTROL.txt,
 DOMAIN.txt (by John H Terpstra) or NTDOMAIN.txt (by Luke Kenneth
 Casson Leighton). Those documents provide more detail and an insight