Re: Immagini iso

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:11:50AM +0200, Alberto Maurizi wrote:
> 	Continuano a mancare le non-free. Ma il motivo e` che
> 	mi pare di aver capito esserci una nuova policy: le immagini
> 	ufficiali sono solo quelle "free" (nel senso GNU o simili).

Non c'e' niente di nuovo, perche' e' sempre stato cosi'.

Come recita il contratto sociale:

  5. Programs That Don't Meet Our Free-Software Standards

     We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of programs that
     don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have created
     "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our FTP archive for this software.
     The software in these directories is not part of the Debian system,
     although it has been configured for use with Debian. We encourage CD
     manufacturers to read the licenses of software packages in these
     directories and determine if they can distribute that software on their
     CDs. Thus, although non-free software isn't a part of Debian, we
     support its use, and we provide infrastructure (such as our
     bug-tracking system and mailing lists) for non-free software packages.

--
Christian Surchi   |   csurchi@debian.org   |   christian@firenze.linux.it
FLUG: http://www.firenze.linux.it | Debian GNU/Linux: http://www.debian.org