Re: debian on HP proliant

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 06:22:29PM -0000, Robert Page wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>             I am going to be installing debian linux on a hp proliant
> machine (probably a DL320), does anyone know of any issues that may need to
> be noted before the install such as compatibility or any experiences that
> might help my install.

I have three or four Proliant machines, both rack and tower ones, doing
their work pretty well with Debian. The official Management Agents are
provided by HP only as RPM packages, which you can probably alien(1)ize
without problems; personally, I prefer to play with i2c and opensource
tools.

> Thanks in advance.
> Robert Page

.. and Jimmy Plant? :P