Re: ftp server

On Thursday, Jan 15, 2004, at 10:17 America/Denver, Robert Cates wrote:

I'm running a handful of Internet services on my ADSL line - DNS, Web, e-Mail, and FTP servers. All seem to be running fine, very fast as well, but the FTP server is very slow, e.g. first logging on is quite slow, and with every request to change directories takes unusually long.

Are you logging all commands and do you have DNS lookups turned on in your FTP server's logging setup? Smells like DNS lookups going slowly to me.

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com