Re: which dns server to use ?

On 09 Apr 2003, Thomas Lamy wrote:

> - Three db-servers (2 in active-active replication, and a third running from
> the last daily db export)
> - the mysql connection procedure in mission critical programs (mydns, snmp
> gatherer) is hacked to try both main servers in r/w mode, and then the third
> one in r/o mode.

Interesting. I see you're prepared for the worst case :-)

However, since I am somewhat lazy, I prefer to have all my services
work with standard apt-get'able packages. This may also prevent
possible security related problems.

I am using the 'database-export-approach' to maintain the
configuration files of the various services. This has proved very
stable for 3 years now and it allows me to do upgrades the 'apt-get
way', without recompiling or modifying source code.

Oliver